- Todd, B. D., B. B. Rothermel, R. N. Reed, T. M. Luhring, K. Schlatter, L. Trenkamp, and J. W. Gibbons. In Press. Habitat alteration increases invasive fire ant abundance to the detriment of amphibians and reptiles. Biological Invasions.
- Graeter, G. J., B. B. Rothermel, and J. W. Gibbons. In Press. Habitat selection and movement patterns of pond-breeding amphibians in experimentally fragmented pine forests in South Carolina. Journal of Wildlife Management.
- Graeter, G.J. and B.B. Rothermel. 2007. The effectiveness of fluorescent powdered pigments as a tracking technique for amphibians. Herpetological Review 38:162-166.
- Baughman, B., and B. D. Todd. 2007. Role of substrate cues in habitat selection by recently metamorphosed Bufo terrestris and Scaphiopus holbrookii. Journal of Herpetology 41:154-157. (PDF)
- Todd, B.D. and B.B. Rothermel. 2006. Assessing quality of clearcut habitats for amphibians: effects on abundances versus vital rates in the southern toad (Bufo terrestris). Biological Conservation 133:178-185. (PDF)
- Rothermel, B.B. and T.M. Luhring. 2005. Burrow availability and desiccation risk of mole salamanders (Ambystoma talpoideum) in harvested versus unharvested forest stands. Journal of Herpetology. 39(4):619-626. (PDF)
- Rothermel, B.B. 2004. Migratory Success of Juveniles: A Potential Constraint on Connectivity for Pond-Breeding Amphibians. Ecological Applications 14 :1535-1546. (PDF)
- Todd, B. D., and K. M. Andrews. Response of a reptile guild to forest harvesting depends on logging intensity.
- Todd, B. D., J. D. Willson, C. T. Winne, and J. W. Gibbons. Aspects of the ecology of the earth snakes (Virginia valeriae and V. striatula) in the Upper Coastal Plain of South Carolina.
- Todd, B. D., J. D. Willson, C. T. Winne, R. D. Semlitsch, and J. W. Gibbons. Ecology of the southeastern crowned snake, Tantilla coronata, in the Upper Coastal Plain.
- Todd, B. D., T. M. Luhring and B. B. Rothermel. Effects of upland forestry on amphibian migrations: implications for metapopulation dynamics and local population persistence.
- Graeter, G. J. Habitat use and movement patterns of adult southern toads (Bufo terrestris) in altered forests: insights from a radio-telemetry study.